This Page

has been moved to new address

31 Days to Clean: Review and GIVEAWAY!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: 31 Days to Clean: Review and GIVEAWAY!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

31 Days to Clean: Review and GIVEAWAY!


Welcome to The Humbled Homemaker. Check out this review and read to the end for details on how you can enter to WIN a free copy of the book!

30-some day ago, I had never even heard of Sarah Mae

But now I'm singing her praises. 

Her new book, 31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way couldn't have come at a better time in my life. 

As the mother of two very little girls (3 and 8 months), I've really struggled with keeping my home clean

And I don't think I'm alone

I think a lot of mothers struggle to maintain some kind of order in what can easily become their castle of chaos (aka--their homes).

One of my biggest weaknesses is just getting started. I get so overwhelmed with the constant pile-up of dirty dishes and laundry, the sorting through mail and toys and figuring out how to work in actual deep cleaning, that I sometimes just give up

But Sarah's book makes it easy--or at least easier

She gives you a guide, a step-by-step approach, in a 31-day process.

Using the biblical sisters Mary and Martha from the New Testament (who were dear friends of Jesus with very different personalities), Sarah gives readers two challenges for each day

The Mary challenge has to do with the spiritual.

The Martha challenge has to do with the practical--usually a cleaning challenge. 

Sarah begins each of the 31 days with some type of motivational message.

Some of the messages were devotional in nature and included Scripture verses to motivate and memorize.

On other days, Sarah simply re-told an inspirational story to remember. 

Each day can easily be read in a couple of minutes.

From practical advice like getting the sleep you need to convicting suggestions like checking your heart, Sarah put this humbled homemaker in her place over and over again
What did I learn the most?

Keeping a clean house is a heart issue.

Now I didn't say perfect house--I said a clean house. 

On day 3, Sarah said: "Our homes reflect our mental/spiritual/emotional health."

Ouch. That statement...hurt....but it sure resonated with me

You see, it wasn't the first time I had heard something like that. 

I actually took a home organization Bible study class a few months back. 

The teacher said the same thing.

I was convicted then. 

And I'm convicted now.

As I look around at my too-often cluttered home, I can see a reflection of my too-often cluttered heart.

There are stains I've ignored that God wants to clean.

There are piles of junk that need to be dealt with and purged, instead of swept under a rug or tossed inside a closet before company comes over

It's a lesson I'm learning.

And will continue to learn over and over again.

Did 31 Days to Clean make a difference in my life?
Absolutely. 

But I'll be honest.

I just told my hubby I'm working on a review of the 31 Days to Clean book. He said: "You ARE?" I said: "Yes." He said: "Um, are you still doing 31 Days to Clean?" I said: "No, it ended." He said: "Ohhhhh, now it makes sense!" 

Ouch. As I look around me, my house is not what it should be. 
One good thing about 31 Days to Clean? You can re-start it each and every month if you want or need to.

Just like God's amazing grace lets us start over and over again.

I spent June doing the 31 Days to Clean "new" challenges, establishing routines for a more organized "cleaning" system.

I plan on re-starting the book in either August or September and tackling the original challenges, which involve more deep cleaning. 

My home needs it.

My heart needs it.

Does anyone want to join me?

You can get the book, here

Now, I have EXCITING news! Sarah has very graciously offered one Humbled Homemaker reader a free copy of her book! 
There are SEVERAL ways you can enter this contest:

1. REQUIRED entry: Tell me why you need 31 Days to Clean. Like the Humbled Homemaker on FB. *Leave your full name and e-mail address.*

2. 1 extra entry: Go to the 31 Days to Clean website, check out "About Sarah Mae" and tell me one thing you learned about this author.

3. 1 extra entry: Like 31 Days to Clean on FB

4. 1 extra entry: Like Sarah's blog, Like a Warm Cup of Coffee, on FB.

5. 1 extra entry: Like Sarah's other blog, Raising Homemakers, on FB. 

6. 2 extra entries: Share this contest on FB. 

7. 2 extra entries: Tweet about this contest.

8. 2 extra entries: Blog about this contest. 

9. 3 extra entries: Leave a comment on another post on The Humbled Homemaker

10. 5 extra entries: Subscribe to The Humbled Homemaker via RSS or e-mail.

Fill out THIS FORM to enter the contest! The contest will be open until Friday, July 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST. I will choose winners via random.org, and I will notify the winners via e-mail and announce them on the blog Saturday, July 16

Did you take on the 31 Days to Clean Challenge yet? How were your 31 days?

*Thank you to everyone who entered the Zarbee's All-Natural Cough Syrup Contest! The winners are:
1. Bottle of Cough Syrup: #41 Laura Whistler
2. Sample To-Go Packets: 

#16-Jennifer Deibel

#8-Lexie McNeill

#33-Sarah Cape

#54-Whitney Cornelison 

If you liked this post, you may also like my post on 31 Days to Clean: Mission Statement and Motivation and 31 Days to Clean: Dropping the Ball.

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:



 

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At July 7, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous Heather Miller said...

I would LOVE to win a copy of this book. I just had baby #4 and am trying to find the balance between clean and good enough.... very challenging with 4 kiddos under 6 y/o!!!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Becky said...

I didn't want to wait for the giveaway, I just went and bought the book! Ready to get started!!

 
At July 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM , Anonymous Amy R. said...

Between going to school for nursing and tutoring at the college, my time is so very limited. I need more organization to my cleaning habits! Amy Rogers bna618@yahoo.com

 
At July 11, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Amy R. said...

I love the fact that she is a Christian blogger! Very encouraging on her blog and website! Amy Rogers bna618@yahoo.com

 
At July 11, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous Amy R. said...

I am subscribed to Humbled Homemaker. Amy Rogers bna618@yahoo.com

 
At July 11, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger The French Bird said...

Erin, you're an awesome girl, and I'm so thankful for this post. Thanks for opening the doors of your house and your heart to us. We're not alone!! =D I want to start the book with you!!!!!!! Let us know when you're doing it, and I'm going to join! I can't wait, girl!!!!! Love you so much!!!!!
xoxoxo
Pame

 
At July 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous april mahony said...

My husband and I just got married in June and I already feel like I'm getting overwhelmed by the wifely duties of: cooking, cleaning, keep an organized house with some resemblance of order, living spiritually, working ...full time, keeping up with friends and family and trying to learn to coupon :) I would love cleaning time to be a time to love our Lord and to serve my husband instead of just seeing it as another wifely duty. I think God could really use the time to work within me as I work in our home and I can see it as a time to spend with God instead of a time to check off another duty. Thank you for posting this and for offering this giveaway!
April Stewart Mahony astew1231@yahoo.com
I learned that Sarah Mae has 4 blogs and 100,000 followers a month! I think this is wonderful as we need more strong women Christian examples in our society today. I love that Good Morning America has also featured her.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:41 PM , Anonymous Vivian Miller said...

I have never been very organized as it is and now with 3 little ones , 4 , 3 and 2months that take up a lot of my time I find it hard to keep my house looking nice and tidy and its something that I really want to strive to do

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home