This Page

has been moved to new address

OB or Midwife: Finding the Birth Provider that Works for You

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: OB or Midwife: Finding the Birth Provider that Works for You

Thursday, March 8, 2012

OB or Midwife: Finding the Birth Provider that Works for You

Welcome back to part 2 of "A Natural Phenomenon: Having a Natural Birth in an Unnatural World." If you missed part 1, be sure to go back and read it--as I compared--in depth--3 common birth settings! Like all of my posts, this series is meant to educate and encourage and not to discourage or condemn you for your choices when it comes to birthing. I hope we can all learn together through this series!

Today, I'm posting about finding the birth provider that works for you (whether it be a midwife or OB) over at Keeper of the Home. Here's an excerpt:

If you're expecting a baby (or hope to sometime in the future)--especially for the first time--your mind is probably spinning with questions. What supplements should you take? Should you exercise while pregnant? What's the best pregnancy diet? And, of utmost importance, who should oversee your prenatal care and ultimately deliver your baby? Should you see an OB or midwife? And how do you find a birth provider that works for you?

These are questions no one should take lightly. But the last question I didn't even think about during my first pregnancy. Even though it was 2008, I didn't even know I had a choice besides using an obstetrician for my prenatal care and delivery. Since then, I've learned about Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) and Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs).*


Not all may be options in your state of residence (Obstetricians and CNMs are the only ones legally able to practice where I currently reside--North Carolina), but it's wise to be aware of all your options before making a final decision.


Hop on over to read the rest of this post at Keeper of the Home!


Did you catch the first two posts in this series?
A Comparison of Birth Settings: Home, Hospital and Birthing Center Births
Baby #3 is...Creative Ways to Announce Your Baby's Sex...


Don't miss a post in this series (or other posts related to natural living, real food and Christian homemaking!) by subscribing below!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels: ,