This Page

has been moved to new address

Easy Homemade Liquid Dish Soap {Homemade Homemaking}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Easy Homemade Liquid Dish Soap {Homemade Homemaking}

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easy Homemade Liquid Dish Soap {Homemade Homemaking}

Have you entered the Spring Blessings Blowout Giveaway for $360 yet?! Giveaway ends 4/25!


This month's homemade homemaking recipe is for an easy homemade liquid dish soap!


I'll be the first to confess that in this season of life I mostly use my dishwasher. With a toddler and a preschooler, my dishes dirty fast, and neither of my girls are quite old enough to help me hand wash--yet. :) 


But there are times I simply need liquid dish soap--whether it be for soaking a grimy pot or pan or for quickly washing a kitchen tool I may need to re-use within the same recipe. 






And this homemade liquid soap recipe couldn't be get any easier! I will admit that you may need to use slightly more than a conventional dish soap, and, although it does create suds, once you've soaked your dishes for a while, the suds will slowly disappear. 


But it still gets your dishes clean--with NO toxins found in many conventional dish soaps (like  endocrine-disrupting phthalates, which can potentially lower sperm count or even contribute to liver cancer!).


Without further ado, here's my recipe for an easy-peasy homemade liquid dish soap!






Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup liquid castile soap (unscented or whatever your favorite scent is...I like using tea tree for the added antibacterial properties.)
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 4 drops essential oil scent of choice (I use orange, as I make this into a citrus soap.)
  • 1 tsp. homemade all-purpose citrus cleaner (1tsp. of vinegar can be an alternate here--but I simply LOVE my homemade citrus cleaner, and I always have it on hand. It also makes for a nice addition to this citrus soap.)
Directions:
Simply mix everything together and store it in an old liquid dish soap bottle! Use as you would store-bought liquid dish soap. 


Do you make your own liquid dish soap? What is your favorite liquid dish soap recipe?

More Homemade Homemaking:


Want to learn how to make more than 30 homemade household cleaners? Check out: Simply Clean.


I have included affiliate links in this post. Thank you for supporting The Humbled Homemaker!


I'm linking up to:  Works for Me WednesdayMake Your Own Monday,Frugal FridayFight Back FridayFriday Food,Frugally Sustainable

Labels: