This Page

has been moved to new address

Box Gardening

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Box Gardening

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Box Gardening

I’ve never considered myself to have a green thumb. I enjoy plants, but up until last summer, I didn’t imagine ever successfully growing anything.

But three years ago I became more committed to eating fresh, locally-grown and, as our budget allowed, organic produce. Well, my family’s budget is pretty tight. And growing our own produce started to look more inviting.

But we have a very small yard. In all honesty it’s more of a concrete slab with a few little sprigs of grass. Would it even be possible to grow our own food in such a tight space?

Check out the rest of this post at Modern Alternative Mama

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 27, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger The Woo-Hoo Gal said...

I love your new blog Erin! So fun! Box gardening is a great way to garden in a small space. Even though we live in a rural area, I enjoy box gardening to keep things manageable for me. Can't wait to see your harvest!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Blogger The Humbled Homemaker said...

Thanks, Beverly! I love your blog, too! I need to grab your button! I need to get Will to make me one! haha :)

 
At May 31, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Anonymous Birdie said...

If your yard isn't that big, then you can always do window farming! :D Here is a great link: www.windowfarms.org/
You don't have to buy kits from that website though. The kits are pretty easy to make yourself. Fanciness doesn't equal efficiency! :D

 
At May 31, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger The Humbled Homemaker said...

That's a great idea, Birdie! :) Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home