This Page

has been moved to new address

31 Days to Clean 2-week update: Mission Statement & Motivation

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: 31 Days to Clean 2-week update: Mission Statement & Motivation

Thursday, June 16, 2011

31 Days to Clean 2-week update: Mission Statement & Motivation


Cleaning...I admit--it's been one of my biggest challenge as a humbled homemaker. I once told my husband that I knew why I didn't keep house as well as I thought I should: I grew up with a maid. (Her name was Mom....and it's not something I'm proud of!)

All excuses aside, I've always felt like I was a clean person, but I've had trouble maintaining the "chaos" that a house with small children often holds. It's especially been a challenge since adding baby girl #2 last fall. 

And my biggest problem has been not knowing where to start. I needed a system. I needed someone to literally come in and show me how to maintain some kind of order in the middle of this castle of chaos. 

In January, I actually hired a family manager coach who came into my home, encouraged me and really did give me some great tips, but I was still overwhelmed with the lengthy action plan. I read it, but...um...never did get to much "action."

But two weeks ago I took on a challenge--31 Days to Clean--and I couldn't be happier with the results. 

I won't go into a lengthy review here because I plan on reviewing the book which inspired the challenge--31 Days to Clean by Sarah Mae--and hosting a giveaway at the end of the challenge in 2 weeks. 

But, for now, I am excited to say that this 31-day challenge has energized me to get my house in better order than it's been in...well...I can't remember when!

Have I followed through on every single challenge? No. There are days when I've absolutely 100% failed. But I've had two take-aways that have made all the difference:

1. I've been motivated. I lacked the motivation for a clean and orderly home before. Honestly, I feel like I've been in survival mode ever since baby #2 came along. Going from a one-child to two-child home has been quite the challenge, and I felt like I just didn't know where to start. I've learned that a lot of my problem was a heart issue. This challenge is helping  me get my home in order--one day at a time.

2. I've formed a mission statement. To be completely honest, forming a mission statement  was the very first challenge Sarah gave her readers...but I didn't finish mine until...tonight! I just couldn't seem to get it right, but I found an excellent resource in Kat @Inspired to Action's free e-book, Mission Statements for Moms

I really liked what Kat had to say in her book about mission statements: "Having a mission statement is like having the best version of yourself beside you on your worst days, encouraging you to press on and pointing to the goal." 

The best version of myself. I won't always be there....I probably won't be there often, but I'm excited to have this mission statement as my goal: 

As a Believer, I will seek to cultivate a growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ through daily time spent in His Word and in prayer. I will seek to glorify God and be a witness for Him.

As a Wife, I will seek to serve and submit to
 my husband with joy. I will seek to love him above all others.

As a Mother, I will seek to unselfishly love my children and teach them to love God and others.

As a Homemaker, I will keep a clean and uncluttered--although “lived-in” --home, provide nutritious meals for my family, practice frugality in my purchases and teach my girls how to be homemakers.

As a Writer, I will seek to bring God glory and honor through every story and blog post I write. I will write weekly, although I will strive to write daily--but not to the neglect of my family.

I can't wait to share another 31 Days to Clean update with you next week!

Do you have a mission statement for yourself? What is it? 

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts via e-mail, here, and find me on Facebook, here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home