This Page

has been moved to new address

Special Post: Maximize your Mornings Challenge!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Special Post: Maximize your Mornings Challenge!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Special Post: Maximize your Mornings Challenge!

Image by johnnyberg
Have you heard about the Maximize your Mornings challenge? 

Kat at Inspired to Action, started the challenge last spring to encourage women to start waking up earlier to have plenty of time with the Lord, for exercise and to organize their days.


I read Kat's free e-book that goes with the challenge. And I admit, I was inspired...but I was also afraid--of failure. 


Getting up early as always been a challenge for me.  

My mom said when I was a baby she would let me stay up until midnight, so I would sleep in until 10 or even noon the next day.


Hmmmmmm...did it all start then?! ;)


Since becoming a mother, I have gotten in the bad habit (especially since Baby Girl came around last fall, making me a mother of 2!) of waking up to my children instead of for my children.

Image by ba1969



What do I mean? I will often stay in bed until I hear them calling for me. Which means--either rushed quiet times while they are calling for me, quiet times squeezed in during naptimes or at night (when I am often exhausted) or...no quiet times at all (being super transparent here!).


This has also translated into me taking showers either with the girls or with the girls playing on the bathroom floor--almost every.day. 


Sometimes I just want to shower by myself! But if I wait to wake up until they wake up, there is just no way around it!

I feel like my walk with the Lord AND my role as a wife, mother and homemaker would GREATLY improve if I got up to pray more fervently for my children and husband and organize my day (and hopefully fit in some exercise!). 

God has been bringing the Maximize your Mornings Challenge up to me quite a lot lately. I woke up thinking about it a few days ago. Then, I opened up my inbox to have this post from Keeper of the Home.

If that's not confirmation, I don't know what is!


SO, I've finally mustered up the courage to sign up! The next challenge starts September 15 and will run through mid-December. Kat and her helpers will divide all the ladies into groups, and each group will have accountability captains. (She still needs more ACs, too!)


I didn't even intend on writing today, but I just found out the deadline for participants is TODAY, Friday, Sept. 2--at midnight!

(I apologize if you are just now reading this on Monday and missed the deadline. There will be a new challenge in the spring!)

Does anyone want to join me in this challenge?! Find out more information here.


Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:
I'm linking up with: NOBH



    Fitness Friday Blog Hop
    A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home

    Labels: