This Page

has been moved to new address

Eating from the Freezer and Pantry Challenge: Week 1 {at Keeper of the Home}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Eating from the Freezer and Pantry Challenge: Week 1 {at Keeper of the Home}

Monday, May 21, 2012

Eating from the Freezer and Pantry Challenge: Week 1 {at Keeper of the Home}


I'm excited to tell you about a new challenge over at Keeper of the Home: Eating from Your Pantry & Freezer! The challenge runs from May 16-June 18, but it officially kicked off with a freezer/pantry meal plan link-up today.

You can read more about the challenge here, but the basics are that you commit to planning your meals around what is already in your pantry, freezer and refrigerator. Therefore, you use up food that may have been there for a while--and save money in the process!

Image by CWMGary 
I hope to post my pantry/freezer meal plan during the coarse of the challenge, but I will admit: I am running behind this week and have really fallen behind on meal planning in general during this pregnancy!

I am hoping this challenge helps me get back into gear. Today, I'll be doing a pantry/freezer inventory (all it takes is a pen and some paper to tally up everything you have) and making a sketch meal plan for the rest of the month. 

I hope to update this post later today with this week's meal plan. 



Stephanie's meal planning book--Plan It, Don't Panic--and her Real Food on a Real Budget book will be especially helpful during the challenge. Healthy Homemaking is just an overall helpful book for any time. 

I own all 3 of these books (and edited Plan It, Don't Panic), and I highly, highly recommend them. (And they don't go on sale that often, so now is the time to jump on the deal! Hint: I never buy eBooks full price!)

If you want to jump in on this challenge and have a blog, go ahead and post your meal plan and head on over to today's post at Keeper of the Home to link it up with others. I can't wait to peruse all the meal plans and get some ideas for the weeks to come!

What makes me most excited about this challenge? Eating from our pantry and freezer AND getting back on board with meal planning will help me BLESS my family. The Lord has called me to serve my redheaded man and 2 (and 1/2) little redheaded girls, and this will challenge will help me do that!

Have you ever challenged yourself to eat from your pantry and freezer for a period of time?


Labels: , ,