This Page

has been moved to new address

Healthy Homemakers: Zarbee's All-Natural Cough Syrup Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Healthy Homemakers: Zarbee's All-Natural Cough Syrup Review

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Healthy Homemakers: Zarbee's All-Natural Cough Syrup Review


I'm excited to launch the The Humbled Homemaker's newest monthly series, "Healthy Homemakers," with a review and giveaway of Zarbee's All-Natural Cough Syrup!

Zarbee's sent me a sample of their syrup a few months ago, so I was able to try it out SEVERAL times this winter.

2011 was the year of the 100-day cough. Both of my girls came down with a virus (which I believe was RSV) accompanied by a hacking cough that lasted off and on all winter and into the spring. 

And Zarbee's came to my rescue! :) Unlike most over-the-counter cough medicines, which are not considered safe for children under age 4, anyone over 1 year can take Zarbee's

The biggest difference is the ingredients. When I did a comparison of other leading cough syrups, I found ingredients such as:

Dextromethorphan
Phenylephrine  

acesulfame K 
edetate disodium 
red #40    
propylene glycol   
and more....

Image by jeroenbeel

My thoughts on this were...YIKES! (To find out why, click on some of the links to the ingredients above!)


I feel much better giving my children Zarbee's, which primary ingredient is a blend of antioxidant-rich honeys and immune-boosting ingredients.* It's also 100% drug free!


After the 100-day cough, I can say it works. 

Unfortunately, my baby wasn't old enough to take Zarbee's this year. The result? My 3-year-old, who was able to take it, had a much more mild case of the cough--and got over it much, much quicker. (My baby ended up getting bronchitis and croup! Whew--I can't WAIT for her to be able to take Zarbee's next year!)


Even adults can take Zarbee's for an immunity boost. My husband and I made it through 2011 without catching the 100-day cough. There were a couple of times I felt a cold coming on, but I took some Zarbee's, and I never ended up getting a full-blown cold. 

Zarbee's comes in three flavors--cherry, grape, and lemon. I was able to try both the cherry and grape flavor because Zarbee's also sent me a few samples of their pre-dosed to go packets, along with a full bottle of syrup.  


My family preferred the grape flavor. We could detect the honey flavor in both. I wouldn't necessarily say I loved the taste, but it was much better tasting than typical cough syrups. 
 

Zarbee's can be purchased on their website, Amazon, drugstore.com, overstock drugstore, or at brick-and-mortar stores across the country. 


Be sure to check out their website and Facebook and Twitter pages. Zarbee's even has a live nurse to answer questions via Twitter


Zarbee's is graciously giving one of The Humbled Homemaker's readers a chance to win a full 4 oz. bottle of their all-natural cough syrup! 


There are several ways to enter this giveway:


1. REQUIRED ENTRY: Go to the Zarbee's website, and tell me one thing you've learned about the company.
2. 1 extra entry: like Zarbee's on Facebook
3. 1 extra entry: follow Zarbee's on Twitter
4. 2 extra entries: like The Humbled Homemaker on Facebook
5. 3 extra entries: sign up to receive The Humbled Homemaker via e-mail.


Click here to enter this contest! Winners will be announced Thursday, June 30! Invite your friends to enter! 


Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts via e-mail and find me on Facebook, here.  

*Zarbee's ingredients are: blend of buckwheat and other dark honeys, water, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid (natural fruit acid to boost immunity), zinc gluconate, tartaric acid

**I was not compensated in any way for this review, although I was given a bottle of Zarbee's to try. This review is my opinion. Others may have differing opinions. There are no affiliate links in this review.** 













Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At June 24, 2011 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I learned that Zarbees doesn't suppress the cough, it calms the cough.

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I Like Zarbee's on Facebook!

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I follow Zarbees on Twitter

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I like the Humbled Homemaker on facebook

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Laura said...

#2 I like the Humbled Homemaker on facebook

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I subscribe via email!! #1

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Subscribe via email!! #2

 
At June 24, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Email Subscriber #3

 
At June 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM , Blogger The Humbled Homemaker said...

Hi Laura! I will count your entries here, but the real entry form is here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDJqdVdyWnhfd2xXeHVybWxKMExfR0E6MQ

I apologize for the confusion!! Thanks so much for entering, and good luck! :) We will have more giveaways in the very near future!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home