This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade Homemaking: Taco Seasoning

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Homemade Homemaking: Taco Seasoning

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Homemade Homemaking: Taco Seasoning

Image by nkzs

Welcome to this month's edition of Homemade Homemaking. This month's homemade recipe is taco seasoning.

Making your own taco seasoning is super easy and will save you money (not to mention exposure from additives like MSG and other preservatives in packaged seasonings!). 

I started making my own a few years ago when I was making tacos and suddenly realized I had run out of seasoning. I googled a recipe and couldn't believe how easy it was! 

I tweaked the recipe just a tad, and I've been using this one ever since. 

Without further ado, here's an easy-peasy recipe for taco seasoning:
2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. onion powder
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
dash cayenne

Combine all ingredients. Use instead of 1 package of taco seasoning mix. Makes 3 tablespoons.

And in case you're a visual learner, I created a YouTube account this week to help you out:


Do you make any of your own seasonings? If so, please comment with a link to your favorite seasoning recipes!

If you liked this post, you may also like my posts on getting a set-in stain out of carpet, homemade disinfectant wipes and homemade lactation cookies

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:





Frugal

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home