This Page

has been moved to new address

White Bean Vanilla Cake & Against the Grain Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: White Bean Vanilla Cake & Against the Grain Review

Thursday, September 22, 2011

White Bean Vanilla Cake & Against the Grain Review



A few months back, I had the opportunity of testing recipes for Modern Alternative Mama's third ebook--Against the Grain: Delicious Recipes for the Whole Food and Grain-Free Diet.

Little did I know at the time that my daughter would be diagnosed with gluten "sensitivities" a few months later, and the book would become even more relevant to my family. 


Regardless of whether or not your family is grain-free, this cookbook is full of delicious--and nutritious--whole food recipes that your family will love!

The author, Kate from Modern Alternative Mama, starts the book out with some basics of the benefits of a grain-free diet before delving into 30 grain-free recipes, ranging from savory suppers to delectable desserts to even grain-free "breads."

Most of the recipes are compatible with the GAPS diet. Some are dairy free, and--most important for my family--they are ALL gluten free!

Against the Grain sells for just $7.95!

Image by denise57


Want to try out one of the recipes yourself? My favorite dessert from the book is Kate's white bean vanilla cake.  

Let me just say it's DELICIOUS! I served it to guests, and I had to tell them it was made with beans! My 3-year-old absolutely devoured these when I made them into cupcakes. 

Ingredients:
3 c. white beans, cooked and plain
6 tbsp. coconut oil
¾ c. raw honey
6 eggs*
2 tbsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Directions:

Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until completely smooth. Pour into a 7" cake pan or into a cupcake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350. 

That is IT! EASY and definitely kid-friendly!

*I have not yet made these with an egg substitute (my go-to substitute is flax meal and water). I hope they do--and if they do, I will re-post!

Want a chance to WIN a copy of Against the Grain

Here's how to enter(remember to leave a separate comment for each entry):


1.Check out the table of contents and share which recipe you’d most like to try and why.

2. Subscribe to The Humbled Homemaker by RSS or e-mail.   
3. Like The Humbled Homemaker on Facebook.
4. Follow The Humbled Homemaker on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway..
5. Leave a comment on another post. (Tell me which one.)
6. Share about this giveaway through your blog or favorite social media.
7. Subscribe to Modern Alternative Mama via RSS or e-mail.
8. Like Modern Alternative Mama on Facebook.

 
Giveaway ends Thursday, September 29, 2011.

The winner of the Healthy Homemaking: One Step at a Time ebook giveaway was #27--Lea! Congrats, --and thank you to everyone who entered! (Reading through your comments--I was so sad I couldn't just give one to EVERYONE!) Be on the lookout for another great ebook giveaway next week!

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:

Labels: ,