This Page

has been moved to new address

Preschool at Home: Learning by Living (at Modern Alternative Mama)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Preschool at Home: Learning by Living (at Modern Alternative Mama)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Preschool at Home: Learning by Living (at Modern Alternative Mama)

Image by UNC - CFC - USFC
Today I'm posting about preschool at home over at Modern Alternative Mama. Here is an excerpt:

When I was a kid, not everyone went to preschool. I didn’t. And even when I started kindergarten, I only went for half a day.

But, at least in my part of the country, it seems preschool for 3, 4 and even 2 year olds is really pushed.

My oldest daughter was barely a year old when friends started asking me if I was going to send her to preschool. Honestly, I hadn’t given it much thought—except that I didn’t attend preschool myself and went on to have a successful academic career. 

In fact, I don’t feel like I missed out at all for not attending preschool.

But preschool seems to be the norm these days. To be honest, I’m not so sure it’s necessary.

However, as a mother who hopes to homeschool one day, I’ve started thinking about what I can do to prepare both myself and my daughters for in-home learning now—during the “preschool” years.

My Preschool “Plan"...

Read the rest of this post over here!

Have you entered the Healthy Homemaking One Step at a Time Giveaway yet? It's an excellent book (by Stephanie at Keeper of the Home!) chock full of healthy living resources!

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:

Labels: ,