This Page

has been moved to new address

Reminiscent Recipes: Crockpot Applesauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Reminiscent Recipes: Crockpot Applesauce

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reminiscent Recipes: Crockpot Applesauce

Image by Prepaan

Early morning sunshine. Crisp, cool breeze. 

Brightly-colored leaves barely hanging on the trees. 

Scarecrows and gourds and bales of hay.

It may still officially be summer, but fall is on its way.

It’s my favorite time of the year—perhaps because I was born in the fall or perhaps because I birthed my second baby in the fall as well.

Or maybe—just maybe—it’s the sweet tastes that fall brings: pears and pumpkins and…apples. We can’t forget the apples!

Image by dubock
They’re already in season here, and this weekend I decided to warm my house with the sweet smell of fresh applesauce simmering in the crock pot.

It was the first time I’d ever made applesauce. I can’t believe I waited this long. It’s so easy—and it’s pure apple-ly goodness. (No additives here!)

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


Crockpot Applesauce

Ingredients:
  • 4lbs. apples (about 12 cups once sliced)
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  •  2 cups water
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Directions:

Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Mix apples and cinnamon. Pour into crockpot. Cover apples with water and lemon juice. Cook for 6 hours on low heat or 3 hours on high heat. Stir apples ever so often. 

Applesauce may be a little chunky. Mash with a fork if you want it smoother. Enjoy!

This tastes much, much yummier than the pic looks. I'm not a photographer!



What is your favorite homemade apple treat?

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:
I'm linking up with: Works for Me Wednesday
day2day joys

Labels: