This Page

has been moved to new address

Plan It, Don't Panic--Meal Plan for 9/19-9/25 and a fast, simple supper

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Plan It, Don't Panic--Meal Plan for 9/19-9/25 and a fast, simple supper

Monday, September 19, 2011

Plan It, Don't Panic--Meal Plan for 9/19-9/25 and a fast, simple supper


When I got up this morning and read today's post from Keeper of the Home, I realized she decided to start the Plan It, Don't Panic meal planning challenge a week early!

Thankfully, my girls are still asleep as I write this, so I had time to type up a quick post with this week's plan!




Monday:
Breakfast-Bob's Red Mills GF pancakes w/ blueberries (one of the ONLY GF breakfasts my daughter will eat so far!)
Lunch-salmon, carrot sticks and apples
Dinner-shrimp stir-fry over rice (scroll below for recipe!)


Tuesday:
Breakfast-egg/dairy/GF breakfast bars
Lunch-hummus, carrot sticks, grapes and apples
Dinner-oven-"fried" chicken tenders (unbreaded for daughter), green beans and roasted potatoes


Wednesday:
Breakfast-leftover breakfast bars
Lunch-leftovers
Dinner-baked spaghetti w/ homemade sauce (recipe coming Wednesday!)

Thursday:
Breakfast-soaked, baked oatmeal
Lunch-leftovers
Dinner-salmon patties over rice

Friday:
Breakfast-leftover oatmeal
Lunch-leftovers
Dinner-GF pizza (Bob's Red Mills dough kit) with homemade sauce (recipe coming on Wednesday!)

Saturday:
Breakfast-eggs (for me and hubby) and pancakes for Little Girl
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: homemade chicken noodle soup (GF noodles)


Sunday:
Breakfast-pancakes and blueberries
Lunch: leftover soup
Dinner: leftover soup


Image by lockstockb

And this week's recipe is my go-to FAST dinner meal! This is SO easy, healthy and the recipe I use whenever we have had a busy afternoon, and I'm in a hurry!



Shrimp Stir-Fry


Ingredients:
  • 1 12 oz. bag medium cooked shrimp 
  • veggies  
  • oil (olive, grapeseed or butter) 
  • spices 
  • cooked brown rice


  1. Cook your rice (or already have it cooked and waiting!).  
  2. Cut up your veggies while you saute your shrimp in 1-2 Tbsp. of oil over med-low heat. (I use whatever veggies I have on hand--usually green or multi-colored peppers, mushrooms, snap peas, carrots, etc., but if I'm REALLY in a hurry, I use a bag of frozen veggies. That's what I'm doing TONIGHT!) 
  3. Add veggies to pan and saute them as well.
  4. Add any spices you wish. I personally just enjoy the flavors of the fresh veggies and oil. My hubby, however, prefers some kind of seasoning--usually lemon pepper. 
Serve shrimp and veggies over rice! Serves 4.


That's IT!


I sometimes use chicken instead of shrimp, but then I have to pre-thaw the chicken, so it not quite as fast. 


What's your family eating this week? Do you have a go-to, fast dinner for your family? If so, please share!

I'm linking up with: Plan It, Don't Panic
Mangia Mondays, Melt in your Mouth Monday 
Menu Plan Monday 
All the Small Stuff, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays 


Have you entered the Healthy Homemaking One Step at a Time Giveaway yet? It's an excellent book (by Stephanie at Keeper of the Home!) chock full of healthy living resources!

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:


Labels: