This Page

has been moved to new address

Super Easy Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Super Easy Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Super Easy Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles




I’ve never been a chocolate girl. But peanut butter and chocolate together? Now that’s my idea of a true treat! 

For as long as I can remember, my favorite candy has been Reese's peanut butter cups. I still do love them--and eat them occasionally--but I admit, it's hard to enjoy some of my old favorites when I have this nagging feeling that I'm consuming bits of soy (especially since I found out I have some thyroid issues, which is affected by soy), not to mention a plethora of other unhealthy ingredients. 

Don't get me wrong: I think it's FINE to occasionally indulge on a treat that's not the healthiest (My hubby...ahem...brought me home a bad, bad, bad peanut butter shake last night! Haha!), BUT, while we're at home, I much prefer to make our treats with wholesome and nutritious ingredients

Chock full of chocolate, with just a hint of peanut butter, these healthy truffles are sure to please both chocolate and peanut butter lovers alike! 


Ingredients 
1/2 cup natural (or homemadepeanut butter 
1/4 cup raw honey 
1/4 cup coconut 
2 TBSP cocoa powder, divided 
1/2 cup chocolate chips 

Method 
1. Combine peanut butter, honey, coconut, 1 TBSP cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Place in fridge to harden for 1 hour. 
2. Once hardened, scoop out teaspoon-sized portions and roll into balls. 
3. Roll balls in remaining 1 TBSP cocoa powder. 
4. Let balls harden in fridge for another hour—if you can wait that long! 

Notes 
  • These truffles are super chocolaty. If you want more peanut butter taste, either leave out the cocoa powder or chocolate chips. You will still want to roll the truf-fles in the cocoa. 
  • These are chunky truffles. For a smoother texture, use mini chocolate chips—or leave the chocolate chips out altogether. 
Another new healthy favorite treat of mine is The Purposed Heart's Healthy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge!



This recipe is one of 22 healthy holiday treats in Healthy Holidays: Slightly Indulgent Sweet Treats! This eBook is FREE to my RSS/e-mail subscribers (or those who subscribe to The Purposed Heart, Intentional by Grace and Quick & Easy, Cheap & Healthy)!! If you subscribe, send me an e-mail at erinodom at pobox dot com to request your copy today!

Related posts:
Check out some more sweet treats in my awesome affiliate sponsors' books:
Treat Yourself by Modern Alternative Mama
Smart Sweets by Kitchen Stewardship



Labels: ,