This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Books I Recommend (and some FREEBIES & a GIVEAWAY!)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Christmas Books I Recommend (and some FREEBIES & a GIVEAWAY!)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Books I Recommend (and some FREEBIES & a GIVEAWAY!)


Like our Christmas book basket underneath the tree? Last year, we had Little Girl's Christmas storybooks scattered all over the house. Then, while we were delivering treats to neighbors on Christmas day, I saw that the lady down the street had all of her grandchildren's holiday books organized in a neat little basket under her tree. 

What a novel idea! (Well, it was probably just novel to me!)


So, I decided to do the same with the girls' books this year. From The Legend of the Candy Cane to Mary, Did You Know? to The Crippled Lamb, the girls can easily find their books waiting for them under the tree all season long. 

And, today, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Christmas eBooks (cause you know I'm an eBook addict!) floating around the blogosphere!



I'm so excited to start Truth in the Tinsel with Little Girl this week! I just purchased this book on Friday after reading my friend Jen @This Gal's Journey's awesome review! The book has short Advent activities for the littlest of hands. It includes step-by-step instructions and lists of all needed materials for crafts. (This non-crafty mama needs ALL the help I can get with that!) Little Girl is going to be pumped to spend time doing this each day!


Image by misterwestra

I had never heard of a Jesse Tree until last Christmas! It's an unique way of celebrating Advent. Basically, there is a devotional for each day with certain Christmas ornaments that represent that devotional to put on a special Jesse Tree. Last year, we downloaded Ann Voskamp's FREE Jesse Tree devotional with printables for the ornaments! I had full intentions of doing it again this year until I read about Truth in the Tinsel. I am definitely going to bring this great devotional back out when the girls are a little older, though!



I must say--If you haven't gotten a FREE copy of Healthy Holidays yet (and you're an e-mail/RSS subscriber), please e-mail me! This book is a must-have--and it's NOT because I have 5 recipes in it! Really, the recipes included from Mindy @The Purposed Heart, Anne @Quick and Easy, Cheap and Healthy and Leigh Ann @Intentional by Grace are top-notch holiday treats. You won't want to miss it! 


This one is a favorite. Michele @ Frugal Granola has put together a Christmas book that speaks to the heart of natural mamas everywhere! Instead of the stress, instead of the hustle and bustle, instead of the mountains of gifts and empty wallets, A Natural Noel invites readers to savor each day leading up to Christmas. Using the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas," Michele give a theme for each day, a Scripture to read aloud and several activities for learning and blessing others. Activities range from feeding birds (a partridge and a pear tree, anyone?) to helping a neighbor to making an "attitude" (beatitude) poster. A Natural Noel can be easily modified to accommodate young children through adults. It would especially make a great homeschool theme!  I.LOVE.THIS.BOOK., and I cannot wait to go through it this year!


And GUESS what?! Michele has GRACIOUSLY offered one Humbled Homemaker reader a copy of A Natural Noel!

This giveaway will just last one week, so you have plenty of time to prepare your heart and home for the 12 day of Christmas! 

(Click "read more" to enter the giveaway!)


I'm linking up with: Growing Home, Domestically Divine, Traditional Tuesdays, Raising Homemakers, Your Green Resource


Have you entered these other great giveaways yet? 



*This post contains affiliate links to products I whole-heartedly recommend. It also includes some Amazon affiliate links from Nikki @ Christian Mommy Blogger (b/c my state doesn't allow Amazon affiliates).


I'm linking up with: Manger Mondays  








Labels: ,