This Page

has been moved to new address

Healthy Homemakers: What's Really in Children's Medications?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Healthy Homemakers: What's Really in Children's Medications?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Healthy Homemakers: What's Really in Children's Medications?

Image by LittleMan
Welcome to this month's edition of Healthy Homemakers!


Today, I'm posting a post on children's medications that I wrote for Kitchen Stewardship back in August. I thought the post would be very applicable as flu season is now upon us! 


Here's an excerpt:


In November 2000, then 3-year-old Brianna Maya nearly died after her parents gave her children's Motrin.


Her parents thought they were doing everything right, recounts an ABC news report. They followed their doctor's suggestion to alternate between Tylenol and Motrin to help alleviate Brianna's fever and cough. 


But what the Mayas didn't know was that the children's medications they were giving their daughter would leave her with rare but life-threatening side effects.


And she would never be the same. 



Read the rest of this post here
Have you entered the 3 great giveaways going on right now? Check them out:
Did you hear about the great sale over at Keeper of the Home for the remainder of the Plan It, Don't Panic challenge? Stephanie's selling her Real Food on a Real Budget ebook for 50% off! I own and LOVE this book! Use code MEALPLAN50! Get the book here. (This is my affiliate link.)

Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:






Labels: