This Page

has been moved to new address

Decorating with Nativities from Around the World

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Decorating with Nativities from Around the World

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Decorating with Nativities from Around the World

This is just a Willow Tree set we got here in the U.S.--but we love it!


It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here, and Christmas is truly right around the corner. For the next few weeks, I will be joining the amazing bloggers from the Modern Alternative Mama team for a Natural Holiday Celebration Carnival!

You'll see links to all their posts at the bottom of this one.

Today's theme is natural decorating ideas. I'll be the first to admit that I am not a natural at decorating!! But each Christmas, my husband and I have enjoyed sprucing up our home with nativity sets we have collected from all over the world. 

Little Girl loves playing with her Little People Nativity!


One of my favorite childhood memories from the Christmas season is playing with my parents' nativity set. Sure, often Fisher Price Little People or the occasional Strawberry Shortcake figurine or Barbie might have ended up being part of the Christmas story. 

But I absolutely loved it--and I believe it helped instill in me the true meaning of Christmas from a very early age.

During my late teens and throughout my 20s, God gave me the opportunity to serve on many mission trips--and even spend a year in Costa Rica and a semester in Canada. My husband had similar experiences. 

When we married in 2005, we decided to start collecting unique nativity sets from each country we visited. 

Our African nativity sits on the right of the mantle.
This was in our first home in MS. 
We display these each Christmas season--and use them to teach our children both about the true meaning of Christmas and how God has called us to be missionaries for Him here, in our own country and around the world! 

This nativity from Israel is our favorite! My best friend & her hubby gave it to us as a
wedding gift. Will spent the summer in Israel while in college. 

So far, we've collected nativities from Costa Rica, China, Argentina, Botswana and Israel. And we hope to continue the tradition as our girls grow. We hope to take family mission trips one day to these countries--and others!


This nativity was Will's mom's. He had fond memories of it from his childhood.


What are some of your favorite ways to decorate during the holidays? Please share in the comments! Believe me, I *need* your tips! :)


Want some more decorating ideas? Check out these tips from the Modern Alternative Mama team!







It's the LAST DAY to get Keeper of the Home's Real Food on a Real Budget (OR Healthy Homemaking!) eBook for 50% off! I own and LOVE these book! Use code MEALPLAN50! Get the book here. (This is my affiliate link.)

Have you entered the great giveaways going on right now? Check it out:



Do you enjoy reading The Humbled Homemaker?  Subscribe to receive posts:













Labels: , , ,