This Page

has been moved to new address

Baby Food on the Go: Happy Baby Review and GIVEAWAY!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Baby Food on the Go: Happy Baby Review and GIVEAWAY!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Baby Food on the Go: Happy Baby Review and GIVEAWAY!

Welcome back to The First Years Starting Solids mini series! Today we are giving one option for baby food on the go!




As I've stated before in this series, I prefer (and think it's best) to make baby food. When you make it yourself, you have no worries about what your baby is consuming. You made it, so you know. 


But homemade baby food must be refrigerated, and let's be honest, it can be messy. I do have friends that have special little cooler compartments in their diaper bags for homemade baby food, but I honestly preferred the easy way out. 


Back in the summer, when Baby Girl was still consuming purees, I contacted several reputable organic baby food brands and asked to review their products. 


And I was super impressed. I will be reviewing these brands foods over the next 4 weekends (with some great giveaways, too!). 


First up is Happy Baby. I first "met" this brand back when Little Girl was a newborn 3 1/2 years ago. I was very impressed with the probiotics and pre-biotics in their cereals back then. 


Well, the brand has gotten even better since!


Happy Baby let me try their oatmeal, several purees and snacks.


Along with both the pre and probiotics for gut health, the cereals now also contain DHA and choline for brain and eye health. Happy Baby's Happy Bellies cereals come in brown rice, multi-grain and oatmeal. I have decided we will probably skip out on grains the first year next time around, but if I were to continue feeding grains, it would be these!


Next, I reviewed the HappyBaby BPA-free, shelf-stable puree pouches. I loved the variety of food choices--spinach, mango & pear and broccoli, peas & pear were my favorite!


I also tried the HappyTot pouches, which are similar to the HappyBaby pouches but are made for older babies. I loved that these contain the super grain, salba, which is full of antioxidants, protein, fiber and omega-3s (not to mention gluten-free!). 


Lastly, I tried a couple snacks--the HappyPuffs and HappyYogis (freeze-dried yogurt). Both were perfect for little hands to grasp--and I didn't have to worry about what was in them! 


The best part about HappyBaby products? They are ALL USDA-certified organic--and contain NO GMOs!


Want to win some HappyBaby food? Happy Baby has graciously volunteered to give some of their food away to one Humbled Homemaker reader!! Click "read more" to enter the form below! 


I'm linking up with: Whatever Weekend




I'm linking this post to: Money Saving Mom






Labels: , , ,