This Page

has been moved to new address

Rejected: A Bible Study on Rejection & Acceptance {review & GIVEAWAY!}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: Rejected: A Bible Study on Rejection & Acceptance {review & GIVEAWAY!}

Monday, June 11, 2012

Rejected: A Bible Study on Rejection & Acceptance {review & GIVEAWAY!}

 


I feel really vulnerable in saying this, but here goes: One thing I've really struggled with since becoming a mom has been my Bible study time. 

From the time I was a teenager, I have enjoyed my quiet time with the Lord. I tend (to a fault) to be an all-or-nothing person. Because of that, I'd go through periods of long, in-depth times with the Lord each day. And then I'd falter and go through periods of spending very little time with Him at all. 

In pride, I used to scoff at those 5-Minute Devotional for Moms books. "5 minutes," I thought. "That's not enough time with the Lord."

Then I became a mom--and, boy, was I humbled!

And I've learned that 5 minutes with Him can be more precious than I ever imagined before these two little bundles of joy entered my world. (And, yes, those 5 minutes may even have to be spent in the bathroom if you've been up with a sick baby the night before, etc..) 

I recently discovered a whole series of very, very affordable and very, very digestible devotionals/Bible studies by Heather Bixler

Heather has written a number of mini Bible studies, and she recently asked me to review her newest study: Rejected. Rejected is a 4-week mini Bible study that looks at both rejection and acceptance in the life of a believer in Christ. 

This book is really short enough that it could be a 4-day study, but spreading it out over 4 weeks will really give the truths time to saturate your heart. 

Some of my favorite features of the study include: 
  • a memory verse for each week
  • easy, doable, daily activities to help cement those verses in your brain (like writing them out and sharing them with friends)
  • discussion questions for personal reflection and/or group study
  • Scripture at the beginning of each chapter
The 4-week chapters are:  
  1. Rejection is a Lie
  2. When is Rejection OK?
  3. Acceptance
  4. Will God Reject Me?
I love how, in this book, Heather addresses both us being rejected and the sin of us rejecting others. She also discusses when we feel rejected by God. 


Some of my favorite quotes included: 


"Rejection is all about us; it's all about the flesh. Rejection is a lie from the enemy that we have chosen to believe. Acceptance is all about God. Acceptance is the truth."

"God is willing to use our mistakes to help teach us. Often when we are afraid to make a mistake it is because we are afraid of losing one of our beloved idols....Unfortunately we are wiling to reject God in order to keep the thing we fear losing....When we let go of those idols we will hear God's voice loud and clear, and we will know the direction we need to walk in, and will have the faith to walk in that direction instead of living in the fear that always seems to hold us back."

"One day I looked at my kids and I repented to God because I realized what other people thought of me was more important than enjoying their presence and being their mom." (Note from Erin: OUCH!)

What's one more MAJOR plus to this devotional? It's only $.99 on Kindle! That's IT! In my opinion, this book is worth far more than that! Heather gave this book to me to review, but I plan on purchasing her other devotionals--all priced at just $.99--when I'm finished with Rejected

Check them out here: 

Want to win a copy of Rejected? Heather is graciously offering one Humbled Homemaker reader a copy of her eBook! Enter below via Rafflecopter (e-mail/RSS subscribers will need to click over to the site to enter). 


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Congrats to our Trilight Health giveaway winners: 
Whitney C. 
Rebecca D. 
Carissa

These ladies have been e-mailed! Thanks for entering! Be sure to check out Trilight Health

I'm linking up with: The Better Mom, The Prairie Homestead, Far Above Rubies, Growing Home, Deep Roots at Home, Time-Warp Wife, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well

Labels: ,