This Page

has been moved to new address

The First Years: Baby Food on the Go-Ella's Organics Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Humbled Homemaker: The First Years: Baby Food on the Go-Ella's Organics Review

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The First Years: Baby Food on the Go-Ella's Organics Review

This week's giveaway is a copy of Smart Sweets--or buy it here now for 25% off using code Humbled25
Welcome back to The First Years Starting Solids mini series! Today we are giving another option for baby food on the go! 


As I've stated before in this series, I prefer (and think it's best) to make baby food. When you make it yourself, you have no worries about what your baby is consuming. You made it, so you know.

But homemade baby food must be refrigerated, and let's be honest, it can be messy. I do have friends that have special little cooler compartments in their diaper bags for homemade baby food, but I honestly preferred the easy way out.

Back in the summer, when Baby Girl was still consuming purees, Ella's Organics sent me some of their baby food products to review. 






Ella's Organics let me try their 5 of their purees: broccoli, pears and peas; apples; strawberry & apple; banana baby brekkie and spinach, apples & rutabaga. 


I was impressed with both the variety and nutritional content on the products. I mean--rutabaga? (I had honestly never even heard of it before!) You can't get much more variety than that!


Ella's Organics was started as a family business, and all the company's foods are USDA organic!


You can purchase Ella's Organics at most Target and Walgreens stores as well as on Amazon.com.


 As a series re-cap, we've covered:


When to Start Solid Foods
The Best Foods to Feed Baby
Homemade Baby Food
A Review of Ruth Yaron's Super Baby Food Book
Baby Food on the Go: Happy Bellies
Baby Food on the Go: Plum Organics
Baby Food on the Go: Sprout
The Second Best Milk for Babies
Baby Food on the Go: Ella's Organics


Next weekend, we'll look at ways to use up baby food purees, once your baby has moved on to finger foods! (Don't throw those purees away!) 


We'll finish the series in two weeks with a post on re-purposing old baby food jars!


What is your best "starting solids" advice for new moms? 


Are you enjoying this series? We have more to come! In the coming months, we'll be covering baby wearing and cloth diapering! Don't miss a post by subscribing via e-mail below!







Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels: , ,